Theodore is sold out!
Buy a Theodore
By purchasing, you acknowledge:
- You will receive a working Theodore with a greasy bearing. I tested it, it works.
- I am not a company, you aren’t getting a return policy or a customer service department, just me and my preference for gunked up yoyos that can take a beating.
- I thought these would require sanding, but they didn’t cut strings at all in my testing. They still is a chance you’ll cut a string or two! Be careful in the first few days.
- The engraver did an okay job – you can read the numbers – but they aren’t 🌟💯🔥. If you are going to be bothered by a less than perfect engraving, please refrain from purchase.
- These are shipping unassembled, wrapped in paper, bearing seated, axle separate but ready. Nothing nice about the box. I want these to be used and the collectors box on Walter seemed to dissuade that.
- The price reflects my time and the demand. This yoyo is no better than any other aluminum on the market, and is purposefully priced.
- Sorry I’ma grouch. Long road.
- Make sure your shipping address is proper on checkout! No rush here, you have a reservation.
Don’t Pay Here
They’re all sold out!
Theodore – Shipped to the States
Theodore – Ship outside the States
Theodore is another retro-modern throw following in Walter’s footsteps.
The same ideas pervade the concept: responsive, soft in the hand, durable, hardcoat, built for play.
Theodore is wider than Walter. That is the main difference.
Theodore ships with a terrible, gunked-up, rubber shield bearing. This keeps it responsive. It tends to get worse before it gets better, so patience required to really find the sweet spot.
I worked with two different shops and did three completely different prototypes to arrive at the final design. I am happy with it.
C bearing, recessed to 3.6mm gap
nasty rubber shield bearing
The Player’s Edition
The made to play edition in a smooth black hardcoat, serial’d just like Walter.
These ship without packaging, tested but unassembled.
Shipping now, launched May 5th, 2018.
Price: $150 shipped in the US or in person, $160 shipped outside the US.
The Metal Edition
This will come much later, as they’re a dream project that will take a while to get together. I’m thinking 2020, but my deadlines never stick.
They will be metal plated Theodores (probably ~40) with some (hopefully) special packaging. The pricing and reality of this 2nd run is still up in the air, so don’t hold me to any specific details. I only mention it here so that folks don’t get upset they bought a player’s edition if they wanted a metal plated version. Or visa versa.
Release date: 2020
Price: Expensive. Probably $200+ but won’t know for sure until much later.
Player’s Edition Theodore is sold out – Metal Edition coming one day.
Contact me below with questions: